Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Evolution of a tune...

In an earlier post, I gave a sneak preview of a tune I had composed.  The tune has since been refined somewhat.  As a side note: originally, the A part was in waltz time and the B part was in 4/4! Hoping to make it more widely accessible to melodeon players, who can never have too many waltzes, I revised the B part into 3/4. (The earlier post is the first revision -- perhaps someday I'll post the split-time signature version, which has a very different feel!)

Played on the C/F rows of a G/C/F Castagnari Jacky with the bandoneon voicing selected (LM) and the thirds turned off on the left-hand chords.  Here is "Nikolas Builds," copyright 2012.


And a direct link for those who wish to download the MP3.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. Love the right hand harmonies ... very simple, but they make all the difference. Is the LM setting becoming a thing? I've noticed it in a number of places. At some point, you'll have to post sheet music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and a 3/4 - 4/4 tune wouldn't have been too crazy. Very Alsatian sounding, I would imagine. But you're right, nothing like a waltze.

    ReplyDelete