Sunday, February 26, 2012

Early work on a new waltz

Several weekends ago, I found a few peaceful moments to play tunes while my son (5) was building fantastic structures.  The result, my first original tune for melodeon, "Nikolas Builds."  It's played on a three-row G/C/F accordion (on the C/F rows -- easily played a whole step higher on a D/G melodeon).  The B part makes extensive use of the "accidentals" button on the inside row (in both directions) -- in a sense, the tune is a study in using that oft-neglected button!  In any case, I have become much more fluent in using that button since this recording, and I now play the tune at a faster clip -- I'll post a newer recording when I get the chance.

For now, here is the early, slow version of "Nikolas Builds," copyright 2012.

2 comments:

  1. I like it! Thanks Andy. I like the contrast between the broad sweep of the A music and the tiny steps in the B music.Looking forward to hearing the fast version. I also enjoy the quality of sound on your clip, which seems better t.han youtube

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words. It is a simple recording using a built-in mic and Garage Band, then converted to mp3.

    ReplyDelete